Who doesn't love brownies with ice cream? With this recipe, you get a chocolatey brownie combined with a healthy, avocado ice cream. Your family will be asking for seconds!
What You'll Need
Avocado Ice Cream
- Scald the milk and cream together.
- Place the avocados, lemon juice, cream mixture, honey or sugar, and vanilla together in a food processor. Process until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and cover. Place in the refrigerator and let it chill completely (4 hours).
- Transfer to an ice cream machine and churn by following the instructions for the machine. Once it has completely churned, transfer to an airtight container and put it in the freezer until ready to use.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler (a small bowl resting in a small pot with an inch of water).
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a mixer.
- Add the chocolate. Mix. Add the eggs and vanilla. Mix again.
- Add the flour and salt and mix until smooth. Add the pecans and mix again.
- Scrape mixture into an 8- x 8-inch pan that has been greased and lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until firm.
- Remove from the oven. Let cool for 5 minutes. Go around the edge of the pan with a flat knife. Turn out the brownies onto a wire rack to let cool. Cut into 12 pieces.
- Place a warmed brownie on a plate. Top with a scoop of avocado ice cream and fresh berries. Serve.
You may also be interested in...
Spicy Tomato Smoothie
This is a powerhouse smoothie. A unique combination of the superfoods chia and ginger paired with the full flavor of rich tomatoes. Serve as a snack or as part of any meal.
Prep time: 10 mins
Total time: 10 mins
Skill level: Easy
Savory Pepper Muffins
Savory muffins are a great addition to any meal or can be made and frozen ahead of time to be available as a quick snack. Aged cheddar cheese, red peppers, honey and fresh parsley combine to make a tasty treat.
Prep time: 20 mins
Total time: 45-50 mins
Skill level: Medium