What You'll Need
Roasted Red Pepper and Avocado Vegetarian Wrap
Roasted Red Pepper and Avocado Vegetarian Wrap with Spicy Hummus
- Lay a wrap on a flat surface. Spread about 1/4 cup of Spicy Hummus on the wrap.
- Place the red peppers, carrots, and avocado onto the top. Season with sea salt and pepper to taste. Place a lettuce leaf on top.
- Fold the left side and the right side toward the center. Roll up the wrap tightly from bottom to top. Press down to make sure it is pressed together.
- Secure with two toothpicks – one on each side of the wrap. Cut the wrap in half on a diagonal. Repeat with the other wrap. Serve.
Tip: This recipe can be used to make mini appetizer wraps. Cut the wrap into small triangles. Place some of the hummus, red pepper, avocado, carrot, and romaine on each triangle. Roll up the triangle starting with the wide end. Secure with a toothpick. Serve.
To roast the peppers: Cut the peppers in half and remove the seeds. Flatten the peppers. Place on a baking sheet and place under the broiler. Broil until the skins blacken. Remove from the oven and let cool. Peel the skin off the peppers and discard the skins. This can be done ahead of time. The peppers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for several days or in the freezer for a longer period.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas and place in a food processor.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (except for the salt and pepper).
- Process until smooth. Extra water can be added to provide the desired consistency.
- Season with sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator. Keeps for 1 week.
You may also be interested in...
Grilled Chicken Lettuce Wraps with Blueberry Bell Pepper Relish
Turn the traditional salad into fun-to-eat lettuce wrap! Grilled Chicken Lettuce Wraps are bursting with flavor thanks to the Blueberry Bell Pepper Relish, plus they’re packed with antioxidants and A, B and C vitamins!
Prep time: 25 mins
Total time: 45 mins
Skill level: Easy
Red Bell Pepper Sauce
Let your taste buds expand with this new take on sauce. That’s right, tomatoes are not the only vegetable that is perfect for a pasta sauce or as a coulis on your favorite protein. We love a good bell pepper sauce.
Skill level: Easy