One of the key values on which Red Sun Farms is built has always been community. Without an awareness of our environment and those around us, our priorities can easily be forgotten. So within our values as a company, we see community as a way to instill a sense of responsibility as a company and give back to those in need. That is why we not only grow superior products, but also to take great pride in our partnerships to help make a difference!
Supporting organizations such as Feeding America, Forgotten Harvest, Growing Chefs Ontario, Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta, and our newest partner, the American Culinary Federation is so important to who we are and the values we live. These charities and organizations support a healthier North America in their own way, but ultimately are all working toward the same goal of educating and helping the children, families and people around us.
We invite you to be a part of our community outreach efforts through a brief introduction to each of the amazing organizations we work with, feel free to get involved, make a donation or just spread the word about what these charities are doing to help those in need:
- Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta Strong4Life and Strong Legs Events: Strong4Life is a wellness initiative that is designed to inspire societal change and reverse the spread of childhood obesity in the Atlanta area. Red Sun Farms is a proud produce supplier of the Strong4Life and Strong Legs Runs to support this life changing initiative.
- Feeding America: With a mission to feed America’s hungry through a network of nationwide food banks and engage people to help end hunger, this organization is close to our hearts. They serve over 3 billion meals to people in need all over the United States, so that people can live active, healthy lives. Donating fresh produce from our greenhouses is a great way for us to get involved and give back.
- Forgotten Harvest Canada: Committed to decreasing hunger in Canada and the U.S. and helps prevent food waste, Forgotten Harvest Canada collects surplus and perishable foods from grocery stores, restaurants, farmers and other food sources and deliver the food to emergency food providers. They take perfectly good produce that didn’t fit rigorous retail “conforming” standards (the exact right color, the exact right size, etc.) that formerly may have gone to waste, to help feed hungry people in Canada and the United States. We are proud to support them with donations of our produce as well.
- Growing Chefs Ontario: In an effort to unite chefs, growers, educators, and community members in childrens food education projects, Growing Chef’s mission is to help educate children on preparing and eating healthly foods. Our sponsorship of the Growing Chefs School Projects contributes to the the funding they need to educate children, and what better way than to start with them!
- American Culinary Federation: Teaching chefs and cooks alike to help bring about a professional image through education for all levels of cullinarians. They are the culinary leader in offering educational resources, training and apprenticeships. We are excited about supporting this organization through awareness and financial means to help culinary education and develop new chefs!
- Produce for Better Health Foundation (Fruits and Veggies More Matters!): Focusing on a mission to help Americans increase fruit & vegetable consumption for better health by filling half your plate with produce, we are proud to be a sponsor and encourage healthy eating.
- Produce for Kids: Produce for Kids® is dedicated to educating families on the benefits of healthy eating with produce, providing simple meal solutions and raising money for children’s non-profit organizations through the sale of produce in retail location throughout the U.S. We are a proud sponsor and value our partnership with Produce for Kids to encourage healthy eating!
- CPMA – Half Your Plate Canada: The Canadian Produce Marketing Association, the Heart and Stroke Foundation, the Canadian Public Health Association and the Canadian Cancer Society are proud to continue a long-standing partnership to improve fruit and veggie consumption in Canada. These organizations, widely respected for their role in health promotion and disease prevention through healthy eating education, proudly support the Half Your Plate campaign.
Just like these charities, we care about our surrounding communities and believe through awareness campaigns, education, and programs we can help people live healthier lifestyles. We will continue our efforts to provide funding and product donations to these worthwhile organizations and invite you to find out how you can get involved as well!
In addition to community outreach programs, we are also involved with a number of industry leading organizations within produce that are working to provide suppliers and retailers the resources and information needed to provide the best products available. We are proud to partner with the following produce industry organizations:
- Produce Marketing Association (PMA)
- Canadian Produce Marketing Association (CPMA)
- United Fresh Produce Association
- Southeast Produce Council
- Produce for Better Health Foundation
Know of an organization that you feel would be a good partner for Red Sun Farms? We’d love to try and help! Please contact email@example.com with the name and website of the organization you’d like to recommend.