- 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 cup (plus ½ cup) onions, sliced, divided
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 can (16 oz.) black beans, drained, rinsed
- ½ cup Red Sun Farms sweet red bell peppers, seeded
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 large egg
- ? tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. sweet chili sauce
- ¾ cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 4 whole wheat buns
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Heat butter in large skillet over medium heat; add 1 cup onions and all mushrooms, and cook 30 minutes, or until caramelized.
- Mash beans with fork in mixing bowl.
- Finely chop peppers, garlic and remaining ½ cup onion in food processor. Mix into mashed beans.
- Mix egg, salt, chili sauce and bread crumbs into bean mixture until mixture binds together. Add more crumbs, if needed. Form into 4 patties.
- Bake patties on baking sheet 8 minutes per side, or until firm.
- Assemble buns with cooked patty, onions and mushrooms.