Red Bell Pepper Sauce
- 2 large red bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped shallots
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 serrano chili or jalapeno chili, seeded, minced
- 1 cup low-salt chicken broth
- Char bell peppers over gas flame or in broiler until blackened on all sides. Enclose in paper bag 10 minutes.
- Peel, seed and coarsely chop bell peppers.
- Heat oil in medium skillet over medium heat. Add shallots, garlic and chili; sauté until shallots are tender, about 5 minutes. Cool slightly. Transfer mixture to blender, add bell peppers and chicken broth. Puree until smooth.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chili. Rewarm over medium heat before serving.)