Quinoa Tabbouleh with Tomatoes and Cucumbers
Serve Quinoa Tabbouleh with Tomatoes and Cucumbers with your favorite entree, lamb or chicken. If making ahead, wait to add the tomatoes until just prior to serving.
- ½ cup of dry, quinoa
- 2 cups water
- ½ bunch curly parsley
- 1 green onion
- A few leaves of fresh mint (optional)
- 1 medium Red Sun Farms tomato (1½ cups, when chopped)
- ½ cup Red Sun Farms cucumber slices, quartered
- ½ cup Red Sun Farms red sweet bell pepper, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. raw honey
- ¼ tsp. cumin
- Sea salt (or table) and pepper to taste
- Rinse quinoa in a sieve. Bring quinoa, two cups water and a pinch of sea salt to a boil in a medium pot, then lower heat to a simmer. Cook 15 minutes or until fluffy. Drain any excess water and fluff with a fork.
- Chop parsley, green onion, and mint leaves (if using) into small bits and put in a large bowl. Add tomato, cucumber and red pepper and toss.
- To make dressing, add lemon juice, olive oil, honey, cumin, salt and pepper in a small bowl and whisk.
- Add the dressing and cooked quinoa to parsley mixture and toss.
- Serve at room temperature or chill in refrigerator.