Pulled Pork Sliders with Tomato Chutney
Pulled Pork Sliders with Tomato Chutney are the ultimate crowd-pleaser. Tender, flavorful pulled pork, fresh tomatoes and a homemade sweet and spicy barbecue sauce combine to make a sandwich that will have guests raving for more.
- 1 lb. pork shoulder
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp. white cooking wine
- Brioche buns, sliced
- 2 cups tomatoes, chopped and peeled
- 2 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup ketchup
- ½ cup molasses
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup prepared yellow mustard
- 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ - ½ tsp Tabasco or Louisiana hot sauce
- Mix together all of the dried spices and rub into all sides of the pork.
- Place cooking wine and chicken broth in bottom of slow cooker. Carefully add pork (so you don't wash off spices). Cover and cook on low for about 8 hours.
- Remove pork and shred.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the tomatoes, ginger, garlic, chili powder sugar and salt.
- Simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until thick and saucy, about 10 minutes.
- Mix all ingredients. Simmer the sauce for 15-20 minutes until desired consistency is reached.
- Mix barbecue sauce with pulled pork.