One-Pot Chicken Lo Mein
One Pot Wonders are all the rage, and for good reason! What’s easier than throwing everything into a pot (no need to cook the pasta!) and having dinner ready in 20 minutes with little to no work? This recipe for chicken lo mein will have you skipping on take-out and opting for a family-friendly, home-cooked meal instead.
Author: Produce for Kids
- ½ lb. boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into small strips
- 1 box (16 oz.) whole wheat linguini
- 8 oz. matchstick carrots
- 1 medium Red Sun Farms sweet red bell pepper, julienned
- 8 oz. sliced mushrooms
- 4 green onions, sliced into 1-inch strips
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp. corn starch
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 qt. low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Add chicken and pasta, then carrots, bell pepper, mushrooms, onions, garlic, soy sauce, cornstarch, sugar, broth and oil to large stockpot.
- Cover, bring to a rolling boil over high heat and stir.
- Cook, covered, 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until most of the liquid is gone and the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from heat, uncover and let sit 5 minutes before serving.