Bell Pepper Tacos
Serves: 8 Tacos
- 4 Red Sun Farms bell peppers
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ onion, diced
- 1 lb. 90% lean ground beef (or turkey for a healthier choice)
- 1 Tbsp. seasoning, such as fajita seasoning
- ¾ cup cheddar or pepper jack cheese
- 1 cup lettuce, shredded
- 1 medium Red Sun Farms tomato, diced
- 1 avocado, mashed
- ¼ cup sour cream (toppings)
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- Pre-heat oven to 400 F.
- Slice each bell pepper in half. Remove stem and seeds. Place pepper on sheet pan and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- While the peppers are roasting, heat oil in large heavy-duty pan over medium-high heat. When onion starts to brown, add ground meat. Crumble and stir meat for 2-3 minutes until brown. Add seasoning of your choice and stir for 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Fill each roasted bell pepper with about ½ cup of taco meat mixture (or until full). Sprinkle with cheese and return to oven to bake for 20 min or until cheese bubbles and is lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and top with lettuce, tomato, avocado, sour cream, cilantro and jalapeno, as desired.