Hummus and Feta Sweet Peppers
To prep this dish in advance, dice the remaining sweet pepper tops and store leftovers in the refrigerator or freezer for use in other dishes. Hummus and Feta Sweet Peppers are a tasty, healthy appetizer to serve at holiday parties, family get-togethers or a for a fun snack.
- 12 Sweet Snacking Peppers
- 1 cup red pepper hummus
- ¼ cup feta, crumbled
- 2 tbsp fresh chives, minced
- Using a sharp knife, slice the top ⅓ of each sweet pepper on a bias. Set the removed piece of pepper aside to use for a different purpose. Peppers can be cut in half, but cutting just the top third keeps the pepper stem intact, making it easier to handle as an appetizer.
- Fill a sandwich bag with Red Pepper Hummus, seal and cut a small hole in a bottom corner of the bag. (The sealed sandwich bag will not work like a piping bag.) Pip hummus into the 12 sweet peppers.
- Top each pepper with crumbled Feta cheese and chives. Serve cool or room temperature.