Sweet Bell Pepper Nachos
Take the classic nachos to the next level with Bell Pepper Nachos! Sweet bell peppers stand in for tortilla chips for a delicious, crowd-pleasing twist. Like ‘em hot? Add ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes before baking. Serve with chopped Red Sun Farms tomatoes, guacamole and lowfat sour cream.
- 2 green Red Sun Farms sweet bell peppers
- 2 orange Red Sun Farms sweet bell peppers
- 1 yellow Red Sun Farms sweet bell pepper
- 1 red Red Sun Farms sweet bell pepper
- 1 can low sodium red kidney or black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can large black olives, drained and halved
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2½ cups lowfat shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash peppers; remove stems and seeds. Cut each pepper in eighths and set aside.
- Grease 8”x10” baking dish. Line bottom of dish with bell pepper wedges. Top with beans, olives, seasonings and cheese.
- Bake 12-15 minutes until cheese melts and peppers are still firm.