7-Layer Mediterranean Dip
This spin on the classic 7-layer dip is sure to be a hit with any crowd! Fresh cucumbers, sweet bell peppers and tomatoes combined with creamy feta are a tasty way to dip.
- ½ Red Sun Farms sweet bell pepper, diced
- 2 whole Red Sun Farms sweet bell peppers
- 8 oz. package of classic or garlic hummus
- 6 oz. plain lowfat Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, diced
- 2 Red Sun Farms mini seedless cucumbers, diced
- 4 oz. package of crumbled feta
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 Red Sun Farms tomato, diced
- ¼ cup Kalamata olives, pitted, chopped
- 2 whole wheat pitas, each cut into sixths
- Mince the half pepper, to be used in dip. Set aside.
- Cut the two whole peppers in half lengthwise and remove stems, seeds and pith. Cut each half again in half widthwise. Cut each piece again for a total of 16 scoops. Set scoops aside.
- Spread hummus in shallow baking dish.
- Mix yogurt, dill and cucumber in small bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste. Spread yogurt mixture on top of hummus. Sprinkle yogurt layer with feta, then sweet bell pepper, lettuce, tomato and finish with olives.
- Serve with warmed pita bread and sweet bell pepper scoops.