King Crab with a Tomato, Sweet Pepper, Cucumber Emulsion
Author: American Culinary Federation
- 3.5 lbs fresh Red Sun Farms assorted tomatoes, diced
- 1 ½ Red Sun Farms seedless cucumbers skin on, diced
- 1 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 tbs honey
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ½ cup Red Sun Farms assorted sweet peppers ,diced
- Salt and white pepper, to taste
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 12 oz Alaskan king crab, poached in butter and dill
- 2 tsp parsley, chopped
- 1 Red Sun Farms small tomato, diced
- ½ seedless cucumbers skin on, diced
- 1 avocado
Tomato, Sweet Pepper, Cucumber Emulsion
- In a non-reactive container, combine assorted tomatoes, 1 ½ cucumbers, red wine vinegar, and olive oil.
- Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Puree chilled marinated ingredients in blender until smooth.
- Stir in peppers, lemon juice and honey.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine parsley, small tomato, ½ seedless cucumber, diced.
- Slice avocado into thin slices.
- Cut crab meat in to small sections.
- Draw three lines with Greek yogurt .
- Spoon tomato, sweet pepper, cucumber emulsion between Greek yogurt lines.
- Place pepper , tomato, cucumber garnish on one end.
- Place avocado on opposite end, in a shingle pattern.
- Place crab meat on center of plate.