- 1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup chilled butter, diced
- ¼ cup ice water
- cornmeal, as needed
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, julienne
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground pepper
- ¾ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp breadcrumbs
- 3 tbsp chives
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 4 Red Sun Farms heirloom tomatoes
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- In a large bowl combine flour and salt.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in water, one tablespoon at a time, until mixture forms a ball.
- Wrap in plastic and refrigerate four hours or over night.
- Roll refrigerated dough onto cornmeal-dusted surface.
- Divide and place into four .75 inch tart pans.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook, stirring frequently until golden, about 15 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Thinly slice tomatoes.
- Toss with 1 teaspoon kosher salt in a colander.
- Let drain about 30 minutes, gently tossing occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 375?F.
- In a bowl, combine mozzarella, mayonnaise, breadcrumbs, chives, parsley, thyme, sautéed onion, and ¼ teaspoon each kosher salt and pepper.
- Spread into tart pans.
- Arrange tomatoes on top.
- Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with pepper to taste.
- Bake about 50 minutes or until the tomatoes are browned.