- 12 fresh ears corn on cob
- 2 lbs Red Sun Farmstomatoes
- 3 garlic bulbs
- 1small onion
- 3 celery stalks
- 2 oz olive oil
- 2 qts chicken stock
- 2 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Juice from 1 lime
- ½ cup sweet peas
- Cut corn off cob.
- Use back of knife to scrape off milk; reserve.
- Reserve ½ cup of corn kernels for garnish and blanch remaining until soft; chill and reserve.
- Rough chop tomatoes, onion, celery.
- Finely chop garlic.
- In a pot, add olive oil, onion and celery.
- Cook until semi-soft, not brown.
- Add tomatoes, garlic and chilled corn and corn milk.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add chicken stock and bring to a simmer and cook for l hour.
- Add soup contents into high speed blender.
- Puree until smooth.
- Completely chill until soup is very cold.
- Add cilantro, blanched corn and peas.
- Add a squeeze of fresh lime juice and good quality olive oil.
- Garnish with reserved corn and peas.