- 14 oz Red Sun Farms tomato, diced
- 1 oz tomato paste
- 5 oz chicken breast
- 8 basil stems, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 egg whites
- 2 qts vegetable stock
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Sugar, to taste
- Baby tomatoes, halved
- Cucumber, julienne
- Chevre, crumbled
- In robot coupe, pulse tomato, tomato paste, and chicken;
- Transfer to a stainless bowl.
- Fold in basil stems, and garlic.
- Place egg whites in a separate stainless bowl and whisk slightly.
- Fold egg whites into protein mix.
- Place all in a consommé pot and add cold vegetable stock.
- Bring mixture to a simmer, stirring frequently to prevent scorching; do not stir once raft begins to form.
- Puncture a hole in middle of the raft using small ladle.
- Baste raft as consommé cooks.
- Simmer about 1.5 hours or until proper clarity, flavor and body has developed.
- Strain using ladle through hole so as not to disturb the raft
- Re-season and chill.
- Place garnish in the bowl along one side.
- Pour chilled consommé into bowl at tableside.