It’s National Eggplant Month! Here at Red Sun Farms we use eggplant in so many ways – grilled, baked, pickled and more! This unique fruit (yes, fruit!) can be enjoyed in a number of delicious ways.
Our Red Sun Farms: How to Cook Eggplant Guide is here to help jump-start those new to eggplant or exploring different ways to enjoy this tasty and nutritious fruit.
When grilled, eggplant has a rich and firm texture, making it a popular ingredient in a variety of vegetarian recipes. Eggplant can easily be stored for up to seven days in the crisper section of your refrigerator, making it a great weekly meal-prep option! Here at Red Sun Farms, we recommend these tried and true eggplant storage tips.
Here’s a few of our favorite eggplant-inspired recipes:
- Eggplant Pizza: These mini gluten-free pizzas are packed full of flavor! Swap out the traditional pizza crust for sliced eggplant, and watch them fly from dinner table!
- Eggplant and Goat Cheese Cannelloni: This classic Italian meal gets a low-carb makeover with tasty thin-sliced eggplant substituting for pasta.
- Easy Hot or Cold Eggplant Caprese: Simple yet delicious, this five-ingredient eggplant caprese is sure to please. Can be served grilled or chilled!
- Eggplant Roll-Up Appetizer: Tasty, bite-sized, eggplant roll-ups can be prepared in advanced and served straight from the fridge at your next outdoor BBQ.
- Grilled Pork Tacos with Charred Eggplant and Tomatoes: Who doesn’t love tacos? And with a flavor trifecta of pork, eggplant, and tomatoes, this winning combination can’t be beat!
- Vegetarian Eggplant Cakes with Grilled Vegetables: Eggplant cakes are a delicious vegetarian dish with fresh eggplant and seasoned panko bread crumbs!
Find more eggplant recipes on our Extraordinary Eggplants pinboard!