The holidays are a great time to get in the spirit of giving back. Here at Red Sun Farms, we like to give cheer throughout the year by supporting organizations to benefit local and national communities in the United States and Canada. Learn more about the wonderful organizations we contribute to and find out how you can help us spread holiday cheer, anytime of the year!
- Feeding America serves over four billion healthy meals annually to starving families throughout the United States by collecting food from growers and suppliers like Red Sun Farms. Through an extensive network of food banks and partnerships, Feeding America aims to help solve hunger. You can get involved and help the fight against hunger today with your very own Facebook campaign to raise funds for Feeding America!
- Forgotten Harvest collects surplus fruits and vegetables from growers, restaurants, grocery stores and other food sources to deliver extra food to emergency sources. Surplus produce collected also includes produce that doesn’t make the cut of retail standards, such as produce that’s not the exact desired shape or color, to ensure it doesn’t go to waste.
- Produce for Better Health Foundation (Fruits and Veggies More Matters!) promotes a healthier America by encouraging families to fill half their plates with fruits and veggies. Red Sun Farms has partnered with the Produce for Better Health Foundation to help increase fruit and vegetable consumption nationwide.
- Half Your Plate is a Canadian initiative to encourage families to fill half of their plates with fruits and vegetables. The organization offers tips, tricks and recipes to help Canadians have access to easy, healthy and delicious ways to eat more produce, we’re proud to partner with Half Your Plate.
- In our Mexico facilities we have implemented several programs for childcare, protection and access to our facilities. Some of the children’s programs include – a toy drive, recreational activities to children in small communities, and workshops training to employees on personal and family issues etc.
Follow Red Sun Farms @redsunfarms & @shopredsun to stay up to date on Red Sun Farms community involvement.