Colorful “Cowboy Caviar”
Colorful “Cowboy Caviar” is a flavorful and fun dip for backyard barbecues, picnics, casual lunches or snacktime. If you are not a fan of cilantro, you can substitute it with flat leaf parsley.
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- ⅓ cup white wine vinegar
- 1½ teaspoon chili powder
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound Red Sun Farms cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 (15 ounce) can black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (11 ounce) can sweet corn, drained
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 cup Red Sun Farms diced red bell pepper
- 1 bunch chopped cilantro (to taste)
- In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, honey, white wine vinegar, chili powder, salt and the juice from one lime. Add tomatoes, black-eyed peas, beans, corn, red onion, and bell peppers. Stir to combine.
- Stir in cilantro. Cover and chill at least 1 hour or overnight to blend flavors.
- Serve cold or room temperature with chips, pita, or hearty bread.