“Fill half your plate fruits and veggies.” It’s something we hear all the time, and for a good cause: fruits and vegetables are nutrition gold mines, containing compounds that can help reduce the risks of cardiovascular disease, diabetes, and more. If healthy eating is one of your New Year’s Resolutions or if you’re just looking to up your fruit and veggie intake, you’ll be well on your way with these nine recipes.
- Baja Breakfast Burrito: Start your day off right with loads of veggies in your breakfast! This burrito with leave you full and satisfied until your next veggie-full meal.
- Baked Eggs on a Bed of Roasted Cherry Tomatoes: A simple dish that’s sure to please! Roasting cherry tomatoes and eggs create a sauce that pairs well with hearty whole grain bread.
- Toast with Cottage Cheese and Tomato: In a rush? This quick breakfast is a perfect way to get a balance of fruit, whole grains, protein and dairy in one simple meal.
- White Bean Caprese Salad: Enjoy the flavors of summer all year with greenhouse-grown tomatoes, fresh basil and mozzarella.
- Thai Chicken Salad: Chicken salad is a lunch favorite, and this dish is sure to make it into your regular rotations! Sneak veggies into the salad to up your daily intake.
- Burrata Tomato Salad: Salads are a classic way to eat your veggies. This salad is unique, flavorful and filling.
- Eggplant Pizza: With eggplant standing in for bread, you’re sure to get plenty of veggies with this classic dish with a twist.
- Pineapple Pork Kebobs: The sweet and savory flavors of sweet bell peppers, pineapple and onion combined with pork make this a fun dinner dish.
- Sweet Bell Pepper Nachos: Make it a nacho bar night! Set out a batch or two of these nachos and personalized toppings, like guacamole, low fat sour cream, salsa and more.
For more healthy new recipes and tips, follow our Healthy New Year pinboard.