The holiday season may as well be synonymous with party season, between Christmas celebrations and New Year’s Eve shindigs. These 10 quick and easy party food ideas will help you stay out of the kitchen and still impress guests!
- Veggie Platter 2.0: It’s not your run-of-the-mill veggie platter; we’ve made over this party staple with new flavors like tangy cucumber spear dip!
- Cucumber Cream Cheese Crackers: Spread a thin layer of lowfat cream cheese on a wheat cracker, then top with thin slices of cucumbers and freshly ground black pepper.
- 7-Layer Mediterranean Dip: This creamy, hearty dip disappeared from our test kitchen in two days. Double the batch if you expect hungry guests, because this one is sure to go fast!
- Tomato & Cheese Poppers: Skewer grape or cherry tomatoes onto a toothpick with a piece of cubed lowfat cheese, such as Cheddar or Monterey Jack, and drizzle with Balsamic Vinaigrette.
- Spicy Tuna Cups: Best for game-watching parties and casual affairs. Make the spicy tuna salad filling in advance, then just fill the tomato cups before serving.
- Hummus-Filled Pepper Strips: Cut a sweet bell pepper into sixths. Spoon hummus into a frosting piping bag and squeeze onto pepper strips for a pretty appetizer.
- Tasty Turkey Wrap: Cut this veggie-loaded turkey dish into bite-sized portions and secure with a toothpick. It’s a surprisingly filling finger food!
- Cucumber Boats: Hollow out a mini cucumber and cut in half lengthwise. Fill with Tzatziki sauce and get back to enjoying your party!
- Insalata Caprese: Tomatoes, mozzarella and basil are a classic combo and party favorite.
- Yellow Pepper Jam: This homemade treat is a nice gift for your host or hostess. Gift it in a mason jar with a handwritten tag for a thoughtful touch.
For more tasty ideas, view our Apps & Snacks pinboard. Happy eating!